Many foreign tourists who visit Thailand are charmed by the country's lifestyle and culture. Some become so enamored that they wish to continue living and working in Thailand. This desire can be fulfilled, but it requires a change in visa status. Foreigners looking to work in Thailand must obtain a Non-Immigrant B Visa (commonly referred to as a Non-B Visa) and apply for a work permit. These two documents are essential for legally working within the country. The process involves changing from a tourist visa to a work visa and then securing the necessary work permit from Thai authorities.

Conditions for considering requesting a change of visa type (Request to change visa type for foreigners)

  • ชาวต่างชาติต้องถือวีซ่าท่องเที่ยว โดยมีอายุเหลือมากกว่า 15 วัน
  • ชาวต่างชาติที่ขอวีซ่าทำงานจะต้องมีเงินเดือนตามที่กฎหมายกำหนด
  • บริษัทที่ชาวต่างชาติประสงค์จะไปทำงานด้วย จะต้องมีทุนจดทะเบียนชำระแล้ว ไม่ต่ำกว่า 2 ล้านบาท รวมถึงมีความมั่นคงทางธุรกิจ
  • บริษัทต้องมีอัตราส่วน จำนวนคนต่างด้าว กับพนักงานคนไทยในสัดส่วน 1 ต่อ 4 คน

เอกสารสำหรับการขอเปลี่ยนประเภทการตรวจลงตรา (Request to change visa type for foreigners)

Documents of foreign employees

  • Request form for changing visa type (Form requesting to change a tourist visa to a work visa for foreigners) or TM.86
  • One photo of the applicant, size 4 x 6 centimeters, which must be taken not more than 6 months ago.
  • Passport (passport) of the applicant with a validity of not less than 6 months, along with 1 photocopy.
  • Certificate from the Ministry of Labor stating the results of permission to continue working within the Kingdom of Thailand.
  • Certificate of employment (According to the form of the Immigration Bureau, Immigration Bureau 1)
  • A copy of the personal income tax return (P.N.D. 91) of the latest year along with a copy of the receipt.

Company and Employer Documents

  • Letter of explanation detailing the necessity for employing a foreign national and requesting cooperation in obtaining or changing the type of visa (visa type change request for foreigners)
  • Employment certification letter (as per the Department of Employment's format)
  • Copy of company registration certificate or juristic person certificate, issued within the last 6 months
  • Copy of certificate of juristic person registration
  • Copy of certificate of juristic person registration
  • Copy of Value Added Tax registration certificate and list of shareholders
  • Copy of the most recent balance sheet and profit and loss statement, certified by the Ministry of Commerce or Revenue Department (if submitting a copy, it must be signed by a director and bear the company seal on every page)
  • Copy of corporate income tax return, certified by the Ministry of Commerce or Revenue Department (if submitting a copy, it must be signed by a director and bear the company seal on every page). If form PND 50 (page 5, line 3) does not show water and electricity expenses, provide lease agreement, fuel bills, electricity bills, and telephone bills
  • Copies of personal income tax returns for Thai and foreign employees for the past 3 months, with receipts and a complete list of employees
  • Copies of social security contribution submissions for the past 3 months, with receipts
  • Copies of Value Added Tax returns for the most recent fiscal year, covering the past 3 months, with receipts
  • Documentation demonstrating the necessity of hiring a foreign national
  • Letter of cooperation from the Board of Investment, Industrial Estate Authority, or Petroleum Authority of Thailand (in case of BOI promotion)
  • Detailed company map with photographs showing the building, company signage, working conditions with employees in action, office desks within the company or building or warehouse, illustrating the nature of work (6 to 7 images)
  • Other documents as required by the Immigration Bureau
  • In case the foreign national has accompanying family members, evidence of family relationships must be provided

Key Points for Visa Change Application:

  • All documents submitted by the foreign applicant must be personally signed on every page.
  • Company documents must be signed by authorized directors and stamped with the company seal.
  • Tax and social security documents must be certified by relevant government agencies.
  • Original documents must be presented along with copies on the application day.
  • Only Tourist Visa and Transit Visa can be changed to a Non-B (work) Visa. Other visa types are not eligible.
  • The applicant must appear in person to submit the visa change request.
  • Visa approval process takes about 30 working days from the date of complete document submission.
  • Approved Non-B Visas are valid for up to 90 days to allow time for Work Permit application.

company Lawyer V-Work offers comprehensive visa and work permit services for foreigners of all nationalities.

company Lawyer V-Work We are a Work andproviding comprehensive Visa and specializing in work permit processing, One-stop visa for foreigners The company has provided advice for foreigners who wish to work in Thailand in various countries. Ready to fully facilitate every step of the way. For more information, please contact LINE: @v-work.